Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Projects... and Old Projects

I have taken on yet another wedding project.  Maybe I should say that I'm attempting another wedding project.  This time it is ties for the men.  It took me weeks to find the perfect shade of turquoise for the bridesmaids sashes.  I finally found it in a bolt of satin fabric.  So, I got a swatch from Hobby Lobby to put up against Destinee's dress to make sure it looks good.  It was EXACTLY how I imagined it.  It's an easy peasy project.  YAY!  Then I was sitting at work and got to thinking, I've got a men's tie pattern at home.  I should make the ties so they will match perfectly (this is my OCD issue talking of course- everything must MATCH).  So, I headed to Hobby Lobby to buy enough material to make a "trial" tie.  Turns out, I can make the ties for a little over $3 a piece.  Katie assisted me in my tie fabric cutting, so now they just have to be pinned and sewn.  I will be sooooo happy if this actually works.

The Save the Dates have been sent to the printer.  I recieved my proof tonight.  We need to make a few minor adjustments to it and then they will print them!!!  I can't wait to get them in the mail. 

We are having our first shower in December.  It's a Christmas one!!!  I can't wait!  I scanned the invitation and removed any revealing information, but here's what it looks like:
I think that is all the updating for today.  It's been a fun wedding week.  I'm getting more and more excited every day.  I've got a countdown on my calendar at work.  I love going in each morning and pulling down the prior days number.  :)

212 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment