Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 6- First Gift/ Making Thank You Notes

I should have mentioned this in Sunday's post- We got our first gift on Sunday.  A sweet woman who sings in the Soprano section with me gave us a bit of gag gift.  It's a little jar that says "Wedding Fund".  I'm not sure much money is going to make it into that jar. haha... It may need to be used as a "Blessings Jar".
Since we got our first gift, I needed to start thinking about thank you notes.  The "Do It Yourself" side of me said, "How hard could it be?  If I start now, I can get a lot done by the time we actually need most of them."  Novel idea.  So, I headed off to Hobby Lobby on my lunch break.  The cards were on sale 40% off.  I bought turquoise colored cards and white envelopes.  I plan on accenting the cards with black  so they match our wedding colors.  I had planned on making 12 tonight, but only got 7 done.  I had to step away to get re-inspired.  Maybe I'll get another 5 done tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment